Side and Front elevation

Anonymous 2014-11-04 06:04

Hi everybody,
Thanks for developing a powerful tool … It helps so much for the creation of my own house..
But I want to know if it is possible to make a front and side elevation of the building plan?

Thanks. 2014-11-04 06:12

Thanks, glad you like it! That’s not very easy in floorplanner. But with a Plus or Pro account you can export your plan to kmz format, which you can import into sketchup, and use that for elevation plans.

Anonymous 2014-11-04 06:13

thank you very much buddy .. :) 2014-11-04 06:37

btw: here’s a detailed instruction for importing:

How can I export a floorplan and import it into Sketchup?
This is for Pro and Plus accounts only. Also you need Sketchup 8 or newer.
Click the export icon, first one in the top right and select “Export 3D model”. You can then send it to your email address. It will be sent as a .kmz file.
Save this file on your computer. Then edit the filename to change the extension from .kmz to .zip
Unpack this .zip and will see a folder with a collada file in it (.dae)
In Sketchup, select “import” and choose the .dea file format and open your file from your computer.
You’ll import the structures of plan you drew. There may be some data loss, but you can easily place the floors on top of each other this way to get a model of your entire house.

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy