Inaccessible, un-deletable layouts

Anonymous 2015-04-01 16:23

I have several layouts (under the drop-down menu for each floor) that have become inaccessible. When I try to view them, a new layout appears in the menu called “undefined”. No layout is selected, and I see a blank view of my background image with no furniture.

(I tried googling this, but all I could find was unrelated problems with a different “undefined error”.)

I submitted a bug report several days ago, and it appears that someone at Floorplanner went into my account and created duplicate layouts that do work and that I can view. That is good, as I now have those views back and haven’t lost my work.

However, the bugged layouts are still there, and since I can’t select them, I also can’t delete them. This makes this project essentially “unsharable”, as I don’t want to link anyone to a buggy, confusing, disorganized page.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there another way to delete the bugged layouts?

Gido | Floorplanner Staff
Gido | Floorplanner Staff 2015-04-02 09:43

Well I already got your request in our support mail. Unfortunately the only one who can fix this is on a holiday. He will be back next monday.

Anonymous 2015-04-02 12:28

Thanks for the update. Since I didn’t receive any emails or other updates until now, I had no idea what was happening. But I could see that changes were being made in my project by someone other than me, so I was afraid to work.

I hope you will be able to resolve this quickly, since we are trying to use this software for professional purposes.

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy