Forum

Stuck on a couple of 'how to draw'

Anonymous
Anonymous 2015-06-04 16:12

1) how do I dictate how many actual steps a staircase has? For example a friend’s house little steps between split levels in the house.

2)how do I draw a doorway without a door. For example, the door has been removed but the actual frame is still existing

3)we have an external staircase to an apartment on the second floor. The staircase goes up the side of the house and there is a little landing at the top where the front door is. How do I draw this?

nico@floorplanner.com
nico@floorplanner.com 2015-06-05 05:20

Hi,

1) how do I dictate how many actual steps a staircase has? For example a friend’s house little steps between split levels in the house.
>> I find this stair calculator very handy to choose the amount of steps.
In floorplanner however we have a limited set of stair objects, you can’t choose every amount of steps (our programm is not detailed enough for that) but you can adjust the height and elevation of, say, a 7 step staircase and use that for the split levels.

2) how do I draw a doorway without a door. For example, the door has been removed but the actual frame is still existing
>> We have an ‘opening’ element amongst our doors. It creates an opening in a wall, without door or window

3) we have an external staircase to an apartment on the second floor. The staircase goes up the side of the house and there is a little landing at the top where the front door is. How do I draw this?
>> We don’t have a landing object yet, but I’ll try to add one next week. On the first floor, you could use a single step, strech it and set the elevation to make it a landing object on the right height, combined with a normal staircase. on the second floor, just use the stetched single step (siince you can’t go lower than the floor height in floorplanner)

hope this helps

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy