objects disappearing while undo-ing

Duane 2009-06-22 20:37

I’m not sure what happened, but i just lost half of the objects from a complete apartment layout. Here’s what I did:

- Duplicated 1 object (a dimension line)
- Moved the dimension line around a few times & decided to undo some of the moves
- performed one undo, and waited while each object in the layout was re-drawn
-un-checked ‘objects’ under the 2D button so the next undos would be quicker, and performed another couple undos
- re-checked ‘objects’, noticed that 1/2 of my objects did not reappear
- logged out, & logged back in. objects are still not there.

here’s what’s confusing me:

- i did not multi-select any objects at any time
- i did not hit delete at any time
- i did not save any changes, and this whole process took less than 3 minutes, so I’d be surprised if autosave kicked in.

Is there any way to revert to an earlier version of my layout (from say, yesterday or this morning?) this is really frustrating b/c it took me an extended amount of time to measure all of the objects in my apt, and i’m hesitant to do it all over again & risk losing my work again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks so much.

Floorplanner staff
Floorplanner staff 2009-06-25 06:05

Hi Duane,

Really sorry to hear that you lost your work. And thanks for the elaborate list of your actions. Unfortunately I’m not sure what may be the cause of this, and I don’t think we can retrieve your design if you didn’t save it in between.
I don’t think unchecking the objects could have anything to do with it. Could it be that you clicked the undo so many times that some of the objectplacing were also undone? (because it could be the delay). For help on creating a backup, see the reply to your other post.

good luck and sorry we can’t help you any better,

Duane 2009-06-25 11:33

Thanks for the response. I was able to get some help from the support team on this, so I’m all set.

It doesn’t make sense to me either. Even if I had clicked ‘undo’ 100 times, the objects that disappeared have been in the design for a couple months (i.e. more than 100 actions ago).

Anonymous 2010-05-19 20:26

I had a problem similar to this, but I saved my project before it was messed up from being accidently cleared. Is there any way to undo the clear so that it goes back to my saved project?

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy