Forum

snap to on and off?

Anonymous
Anonymous 2009-06-30 09:40

How do you turn the snap to feature on and off? I am having trouble placing elements exactly in the design, and can’t find anything here searching the forum. Thanks in advance

Floorplanner staff
Floorplanner staff 2009-07-03 04:49

Hello,

Thanks for the post,
Elements don’t have snapping yet, this may be something for on our to-do list.

kind regards,

Nico

Anonymous
Anonymous 2009-07-15 17:13

if you are trying to avoid snapping of wall/drawing elements, just zoom in. the more you zoom in, the more freedom you have.

Anonymous
Anonymous 2009-09-13 23:04

Yeah, but not enough – this is clearly a fault which must be implemented: Ie NO SNAPPING TO GRID

tatyana & ralph
tatyana & ralph 2009-10-01 15:28

THIS IS A BIG FLAW. IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAW AND PLACE ACCURATELY (ESPECIALY SINCE CANT TYPE IN NUMERIC VALUES FOR DIMENSIONS) – EVEN WHEN ZOOMING IN… OTHERWISE WOULD BE GREAT FREE / LOW COST PROGRAM

Anonymous
Anonymous 2009-10-05 22:59

The fact that it is not possible to “grid snapp” when you draw a new wall is mad. Im am not going to use this program because og it.
TR

bobrik
bobrik 2009-11-06 00:44

yep, it sucks. everything is very very approximative

Anonymous
Anonymous 2010-01-20 00:36

Yes, the mandatory snap-to-grid (i.e. can’t place walls where you want, even to connect to other walls) may end up to be a deal-breaker. Hope this is fixed soon. Frustrating.

YippyDawg
YippyDawg 2010-03-02 17:52

It’s not just the snap to that drives me nuts, it’s that sometimes I want to be able to edit the length of an existing wall by typing in the exact numbers. It lets me do this by putting up edit boxes when I create a room, or put in the height and the depth once a wall is created, but not the length which is so frustrating!

Anonymous
Anonymous 2010-03-24 18:29

Agree, it’s the one feature that stops this from being brilliant

KevO
KevO 2010-09-22 05:14

A snap toggle would be a great addition, especially when I want to be able to snap a fixture to a wall, but also be able to move the wall to an acute angle.

Being able to adjust all the dimensions of a wall but not it’s length is a bit ludicrous, when you can turn it into a hedge :-)

I’m trying to do a loft conversion and it seems to be impossible to do a gable wall, I can lower one end but not the other, I should be able to click anywhere on a wall and type in the dimensions needed.

I’ve also just paid my €19.99 and apart from no adverts I see no obvious changes, so feeling a bit peeved about that to say the least.

It is as already said a brilliant facility, although having on my laptop as a resident program would suit me better, then I can got to the new house and input dimensions direct, rather than having to go home and try to read my scrawl.

I’d also like to be able to email my plan to the builder, rather than cut/paste which loses quality.

Kev

Anonymous
Anonymous 2011-02-27 09:29

This app is definitely a good start, but without the ability to snap to grid it’s completely useless for my needs. :(

Anonymous
Anonymous 2012-05-26 05:40

The reply by Floorplanner Staff has been there since July 2009, and they still haven’t added the grid snapping feature!!! This is really disappointing, to say the least.

Anonymous
Anonymous 2012-08-16 18:55

Solution: Move the object a few feet away from it’s original position. Then unselect it by selecting somewhere else on the floorplan. Now you can move it back where it was and adjust it’s position precisely without it snapping to the grid.

Basically, an object has a memory of where it is and snaps back there… unless you move it away and then it’s memory sets to that new location.

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy