Forum

angled room?

Anonymous
Anonymous 2009-07-10 10:19

BTW, this is a neat tool and easy to use, I modeled my whole house in less than 24hrs! Easy and fun, thanks dev team!

Question: I have a breezeway with a detached garage at a angle on my property. Ive noticed that if the whole room is at an angle the walls no longer snap to 90° from each other? How do I make sure I am getting the room square? Also usually I can grab a wall in the middle and move it as a whole wall perpendicular but I cant get the wall to drag as a whole once the room is at an angle? Maybe I did my whole angled wall wrong, but I couldn’t find where to rotate an entire room at once? Here is my plan for garage reference: “http://www.floorplanner.com/projects/18691987-my-first-project” (I couldn’t find garage in the list while naming the room, so you’ll have to look for the cars)

Floorplanner staff
Floorplanner staff 2009-07-13 11:04

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words! You plan looks awesome and it looks like you found a solution yourself for the garage. Angled walls indeed can’t be moved, this is something in the program we still have to look at some day.
If it’s still any help: What I would do is:
take a square from the library, scale it and rotate it to the right angle. Then draw the garage space and move the corners around it. Also dimension lines might help you to set it up. (3rd icon in construction menu).

kind regards,

Nico

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy