Forum

cannot add more rooms

Greg
Greg 2009-08-22 09:51

Everything seems to work fine except the “Add Room” function. When I try to add a room, I click the tool once, move the pointer to my workspace, and try to drag the dimensions of the room. As soon as I click, my pointer becomes a grab tool and just moves the workspace around. All other tools work fine.

Floorplanner staff
Floorplanner staff 2009-08-24 05:14

Hi Greg,

If you draw a room; you must draw it from an existing corner, except for the first room of course.
I took a look at your plan and it looks quite complex and I saw a lot of drawing errors that will cause some problems if you don’t fix them. The room drawing tool creates both walls and surfaces and and updates the surfaces if you change the walls. This is much quicker than drawing all surfaces by hand.
To make sure this works correctly; the walls you draw shouldn’t overlap eachother. If you mouse over some of your walls in the drawing you can see in various places that there lies a wall corner (white dot) in the middle of the lightblue highlighted wall. Try to prevent this. You can fix it by splitting an overlapping wall next to the overlapped point and drag the new point on top of the overlapped point. Sometimes you have to do this more than once.

good luck! If you have any more problems, feel free to react.

Nico

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy