Forum

cannot not find out room size

Stayathomeda
Stayathomeda 2009-08-30 22:53

Firstly what a great site thankyou i have enjoyed making my floorplan. But now i would like to be able to work out the square metres of each room. I was able to do it when i first started out my plan it would work the square metres and i could add carpet, tiles etc but i am not able to do it. What could i be doing wrong. I am able to do it with some rooms now but not all

Floorplanner staff
Floorplanner staff 2009-09-02 07:30

Hi,

Nice to hear you enjoyed it! :)
I looked at your plan and see what’s wrong. Many of your rooms don’t have flooring because they aren’t enclosed by walls. Maybe visually they do, but for the program that automatically creates the flooring there are some mistakes:
-You used custom walls (with the 3rd icon) to enclose some spaces. These are not recognized; try to draw all rooms with the room drawing tool (1st icon).
-Make sure no walls overlap. For more help on this, see this forumpost.
-After these errors are fixed, try to see if there are any gaps in walls at any place. If so draw a wall from the first corner of the gap and connect it with the 2nd corner.

good luck,

Nico

Stayathomeda
Stayathomeda 2009-09-03 07:15

thanks i will have a go

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy