How important are hight and elevation?

Anonymous 2009-09-24 22:42

Because it seems that when I want to place something often it goes under another object, where I really wanted it on top (perhaps that explains my problem with the drop shadows)

Is there some way of depth arranging this?

(I don’t really need the 3d thing, just 2d would be fine (though the drop shows look nice)

Floorplanner staff
Floorplanner staff 2009-10-01 05:57

Sorry, this is not yet adjustable, some objects are on a different virtual layer than others. Setting the height or elevation only affects the 3D appearence. if objects are on the same virtual layer, then you can get on on top of each other by duplicating it or dragging a new one from the library. We still have to find a technical solution for this depth adjustment. Right now we have this organized based on how objects are layered in the real world. ie rugs below chairs below tables below table objects.

kind regards,

Anonymous 2010-06-11 20:13

There are some bugs in these predefined layers. For example, the woman laying down and the dog are always placed below beds, sofas and tables. There virtual layer should be avaiable for the user to change if needed.

Anonymous 2011-12-22 18:04

Seems like this would be one of the first elements to be tackled in designing this software. You seem to do the job with “stacks of paper,” so why not with cabinets, people, other objects?

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy