Forum

Window placement

Stacey
Stacey 2009-10-26 11:42

Hello again,

I am inserting windows, and to place them I was using the measurement I had taken from the wall to the edge of the window frame…. however whilst this seemed to be right for my ground floor plan, I have just noticed that my 1st floor window placements are being calculated differently – it seems that the program is measuring from halfway through the wall to halfway across the window…. Have I inadvertantly changed a setting somewhere? I do not mind which way it measures so long as it is consistant ;-)
Thanks,
S

nico@floorplanner.com
nico@floorplanner.com 2009-10-26 12:21

Hi,
thanks for reporting, I see there is a bug in the window measurements. we’re on it! In the meantime, try to use the custom measurements (under the 3rd icon).

kind regards

Nico

Stacey
Stacey 2009-10-26 12:41

Hi Nico,
Thanks for the prompt response.
Do you mean the ‘settings’ icon? I cannot see a custom measurement here that relates to my query.
Stacey

nico@floorplanner.com
nico@floorplanner.com 2009-10-26 13:17

no, in the construction menu. the 3m icon. you can draw a measurement anywhere with that, from a window edge to a wall centre.

nico@floorplanner.com
nico@floorplanner.com 2009-10-27 07:09

I just updated the roof window. It’s also showing up in 3D now.

Stacey
Stacey 2009-10-27 07:57

Thanks for the 3M tip – that seems to help ;-)

reesd
reesd 2010-07-07 23:57

Though the initial post in this thread is 9 months old, I am seeing this same problem. The wall measurement is going from the inside of the wall rather than the edge of the wall. Has this bug not been fixed, is there someway to handle this without creating custom measurements for every door, window, and entry way?
Thanks,
dave

Best Light Visual Home
Best Light Visual Home 2014-02-03 14:14

Nico, When I draw a room, there are two measurements…one on the inside and one on the outside. Which one should I use? My issue is that the drawings do not take into consideration wall studs/thickenss of walls so if I added three rooms in a row, together, they do not add up to the three rooms in a row on the outside of the house. hope this makes sense…hard to ask the question

RSS Feed for this topic
Copyright 2018 Floorplanner Floorplanner HQ, PO BOX 29175, 3001 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands Terms Privacy